Creativity is something which is hidden in everyone. All you need to do is a bit of push and motivation and your creativity will be brimming up with new ideas and contents. Creative writing however is quite important for anyone who wants to pursue their careers in literature. But most of the times even though you have a lot of ideas in your mind, you find it quite hard to pen it down on the paper. This happens because of the lack of knowledge on how to write the best creative topic.
Creative writing is an interesting and most popular genre as the idea is to express one’s thoughts, feelings and emotions based on some particular topic rather than simply putting information. So if you want to write a poem, a short story or trying to write a novel, you should be able to express your own thoughts and ideas in an imaginative way. It is the writer’s way of putting things that makes readers fall in love with the particular book or poem.
If you are a beginner, then here are a few tips for you to start your first piece of creative writing—
- Read – You must be a good reader first before you want to be a good writer. Read as much as you can. This will help you with other writer’s way of writing, style, help you with ideas and let you understand how to put your ideas in an imaginative and creative way. You will know the in and out about creative writing and that will help you in every step of your writing career.
- Keep a journal or a notebook – You may have noticed that most writers keep a journal or a notebook with them. You should also keep one with yourself. Carry the notebook with you wherever you go and put anything and everything interesting you find in the way.
- Observe People – We meet a lot of people in our daily lives and each and every one of them has different personalities. Keep your eyes and ears open when you are outside as these people might give you the great storyline or an amazing quote for your novel. Most amazing stories are based on real life experiences.
- Give yourself Time – When you start writing keep yourself away from any distractions around you. Turn off the TV, switch off your phone and stay away from the internet. Sit and relaxed and start writing in a quiet and calm environment.
- Write in the time when you feel yourself to be most creative – You definitely have your own time of the day when you feel quite creative and enthusiastic. Try to pen down your thoughts in that period of time.
- Do not worry about making it perfect at the first attempt – It is not mandatory for you to make things perfect at the very first attempt. If you are writing something and you have made mistakes, take it as a lesson and try to improvise it. But do not push yourself. And remember the more you edit, the more the piece of writing becomes perfect.
- Write everyday – Practice makes a man perfect. So write every day whatever comes to your mind. May be an event that took place or about your inner feelings, or how you have spent your day. Just write everything on your note book.
Well a lot of people can actually write amazing stories and poems but due to lack of motivation and knowledge they seem to be taken back. Now here we have provided you the best tips for creative writing. So grab your note book now and pen down your best piece of writing.